Saturday, April 17, 2010

The one thing that we can't fully comprehend

Why do I love to write about incomprehensible topics? Why don’t I think of something that would interest a lot of people? Why am I being such a lazy, crazy bitch that doesn’t want to think (and write) about more useful articles like running a business or selling stuff online, and instead dwell on matters of the stupid heart and the day-to-day ‘praises’ and complaints of ordinary people? Well, I have an answer to that. This is primarily because I am already tired of thinking about what business to start and what items to sell on my multiply and EBay accounts. I got fed up with the thoughts of making money online [duh! I work in the internet marketing field so I deal with affiliate-generated sales, returned transactions, and MONEY matters every single week day of my life after graduating as an IS major from a reputable university last year. Do you see a clear connection between my course and my current work? I don’t. haha]

At this point in time, it is already 6:36pm and I’m still in the office writing this blog because I have nothing to do (well, this seems to be the most unproductive day of my life since I went to work this morning to wait for the clock to struck 7 in the evening for me to go and meet up with my friends in a nearby shopping mall). Aside from my daily report which I finished doing in less than 10 minutes, I spent my day surfing the net, playing Café World in FB and chatting with friends through pidgin – the low-tech version of Yahoo! Messenger.

Ok, so why do I love writing about love and heartaches? I have a theory. Maybe, I love ‘talking’ about love and emotions because aside from God’s existence, it is the one thing that other people, or even I, can’t explain to myself. I mean, how come this thing called love has different effects on people? Why do people experience the feeling of being in love in the first place? How do they know that it is love and not some other emotion or sensation like lust or pity? As much as I wanna have a complete understanding of this feeling, I believe that no matter how hard I try, even if I spend my whole life observing how people act and react when they are in love (note that there are different ‘kinds’ of love; thus, making it more difficult to comprehend) I will never be able to have a firm grasp on the topic. All I can do is try to recognize the partial truths that I can gather about it, put them in writing and hopefully be able to inform, help or even ‘enlighten’ other individuals who, like me, have the unending desire to know more about that crazy little thing called LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment